FOR MORE INFO ON THE VIPA ULTRA
If you have any questions about the VIPA ULTRA or would like advice on how to spec it, please complete the form below and we will get back to you.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
We supply a complete frame as well as the following components and accessories:
• Custom Valved Rear Shock
• Proprietary custom ULTRA Seatclamp
• ULTRA Rear Axle
• ULTRA Headset
• ULTRA Downtube Protector
• ULTRA Downtube Storage Cover
• ULTRA Toptube Bag
• ULTRA Stem – 1 x 40mm Extension
• ULTRA Stem – 1 x 50mm Extension
Frame-Kit including the following parts:
Frame, Fox Trunnion 185mm Rear Shock, Top-Tube Bag, Dropout Hanger, Down-Tube Cover, Down-Tube Underside Protector, Seatclamp
• Size 01 : 2.78kg
• Size 02 : 2.80kg
The ULTRA was designed for a 100mm to 120mm travel suspension fork. As the frame is BOOST 148 Rear Spacing, we recommend speccing with a matching BOOST 110 Fork version.
We take great care in ensuring the rear shocks we supply with the ULTRA have been tuned and valved to compliment the kinematics and intended riding style of an ULTRA rider. We work closely with our suspension suppliers to ensure the shock supplied is correct and suitable for our frames. For this reason, we do not suggest changing the Rear Shock for an off-the-shelf product that has not been optimized for our frame’s kinematics.
Yes, yes and yes! At the time of the original design and brief of this new frame we felt strongly that some ULTRA ENDURANCE riders might prefer the option of running a 2x drivetrain. Whilst this feature posed some design challenges (to allow the derailleur to move freely without rubbing tyres etc) we are happy to confirm that the ULTRA can still fit a Front Derailleur for those riders who prefer the options that a 2x drivetrain can provide. Should you not wish to run a Front Derailleur the Alloy Tab can be removed for a cleaner look and also save some grams.
Below is a list of key sizes/specs for the relevant components:
- Seatpost: 31.6 Diameter and Maximum Length of 400mm
- Headset: Integrated Type, 42mm Upper Bearing, 52mm Lower Bearing (we supply a Headset with your Frame and suggest replacing with the same item)
- Bottom Bracket: Threaded BSA 73mm Shell
- Wheelset: Boost 148 Compatible
- Maximum Tyre Size: 29 x 2.35 is the largest size tyre for this style of bike (based on Rim Internal Width of 23mm) Note: Other tyres/rim sizes might be able to fit but the onus is on the owner to check clearance before use to avoid damage to the frame
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Side-Swing Direct Mount Type
- Front Chainring Compatibility for 2x Drivetrains: SHIMANO M8050 B2 (Boost) 36/26T
- Front Chainring Compatibility for 1x Drivetrains: SRAM XX1 Boost 148, Maximum 36T Chainring
- Rear Disc Rotor: 160mm
For assistance with how to spec/build your ULTRA please feel free to contact us for assistance.
We provide you with an assembly diagram and chart showing each bolt and the relevant torque specs inside the frame carton. Should you need assistance or have any enquiries please do not hesitate to contact us.
Yes, we supply local bike shops in South Africa. They would need to contact us for availability and pricing.
The ULTRA frame is guaranteed to be free of defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 5 years for the original owner. MOMSEN BIKES will either repair or replace at its discretion any part it determines to be defective. Paint and finish are covered for a period of 1 year from purchase.
The above warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, nor does it apply to damage caused by blatant abuse, neglect, improper assembly, improper maintenance, alteration, misuse, heat damage or in-transit damage. (Yes, some bike racks kill frames!)
The costs of disassembly, reassembly or repair of any attached components are not covered by this warranty and are the responsibility of the original owner.
Under no circumstance are the costs of shipping to and from MOMSEN BIKES covered by these warranties.
We understand that accidents happen and will make replacements parts available at a minimum charge to the original owner for the life of the ULTRA.
MOMSEN BIKES does this at its sole discretion and reserves the right to refuse this offer.